Thursday, April 2, 2020
Here are today’s assignments:
Chapter 13 – Addition and Subtraction to 40
Lesson 3: Subtraction without Regrouping
IXL Math – please continue to practice your math facts! You are doing FANTASTIC! Our class has now answered 10,000 questions on IXL!!
Please log into ConnectEd and go to Unit 9, Lesson 3, Day 3
Complete: Skills Practice pages 161-165. If you have your Skills Practice workbook at home, you can use those pages. Just send me a picture of the completed pages.
Page 161: Sounds and Spelling Review
- Practice: Draw a line to match the picture to the correct word. Write the word beside the picture.
Page 162: Apply
- Write the correct word to complete each sentence.
Page 163: Making Inferences – Making inferences is using what you already know to help answer questions while reading.
- Practice: Look at the pictures. Circle the answer that makes the most sense.
Page 164: Apply
- Read each description. Then, tell what you think the person is doing.
Page 165: Spelling
- Practice: Sort the spelling words under the correct heading.
Mrs. Burkholder has asked that you complete the following:
You’re a Grand Old Flag – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vsv8LF8y9Uk
- Students can listen to the song, and then when they feel comfortable they can sing along with the video
- Discuss the American flag including the number of stripes and stars and the meaning behind all the parts of the flag
- Students can use red, white, and blue streamers during different parts in the song, to move to the beat
- Students can keep the beat by marching in place, or pat/clapping the beat
WRITING JOURNAL PROMPTS
- Wednesday – In the spring…pdf. page 1
- Friday – Walking in the rain…pdf. page 2
Read Jesus calms a storm
PE LOGS ARE NO LONGER NEEDED!
After discussing with Mrs. DeWolfe, it has been decided that your individual sign-off sheet will be sufficient for recording your child/ren’s physical activity! Thank you for understanding and hopefully this will be one less thing for you to worry about.
On YouTube with Mrs. Espinosa! You can find the daily links on Mrs. Espinosa’s blog at https://www.stmcatholic.org/teacher/rachele/
This week Mrs. Poniatowski will be teaching Lesson 17 – Introduction to Problem Solving Steps. Please go to: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hJq857SMpbw to watch the lesson.
It was so WONDERFUL to see all my class together (sort of) again!
I love all the pictures! Please keep them coming!
I am available for email communication ANYTIME!
JOKE OF THE DAY:
First graders (and Mrs. Cincilla) just love funny jokes and riddles! Give this one a try:
Question: April showers bring mayflowers, but what do Mayflowers bring?
“Guide me in your truth and teach me, for you are God my Savior, and my hope is in you all day long.” – Psalm 25.5