Thursday, April 23, 2020
Here are today’s assignments:
Cumulative Review Test for Chapters 10-13, pages 91-92.
IXL Math – please continue to practice your math facts!
Please log into ConnectEd and go to Unit 10, Lesson 2, Day 4
Read: Core Decodable 107 – A Farm Visit
- Vocabulary pgs. 191-192 – Write the word that completes each sentence. Write the word from the box that matches each definition. Then write two sentences using at least one vocabulary word from the box.
- Compare and Contrast pgs. 193-194 – Compare and contrast grapes and peas. Tell how each is different. Then tell how they are alike. Read each description about polar bears and penguins. Tell how the animals are different and how they are alike.
- Conjunctions and Compound Sentences pg. 195 – Read each sentence. Circle the conjunction in each sentence. Underline the two simple sentences that were used to form the compound sentence.
JUST FOR FUN…
Every week in April, on the Library of Congress’ website, Dav Pilkey will teach students how to draw a different Pilkey Character. See the website video links below for more information. All videos will be posted on Friday mornings.
Intro Video: https://www.loc.gov/item/webcast-9084/
How to Draw Big Jim: https://www.loc.gov/item/webcast-9090/
Reading DogMan Unleashed: https://www.loc.gov/item/webcast-9091/
WRITING JOURNAL PROMPTS
- Wednesday 4/22: For Earth Day… page 16
- Friday 4/24: My favorite baby animal… page 6
Read the Ascension of Jesus pdf and discuss with your family.
On YouTube with Mrs. Espinosa! You can find the daily links on Mrs. Espinosa’s blog at https://www.stmcatholic.org/teacher/rachele/
This week Mrs. Poniatowski will be teaching Lesson 19:
A note from Mrs. Poniatowski…
Please note that a Home Link (homework) assignment accompanies this lesson. Please scroll to the very last page of the attached pdf for Lesson 19. Print and complete with your child. Sorry for the inconvenience.
I sent Mrs. Poniatowski’s Home Link pdf to you in the email I sent with the Math and Religion assignments for the week.
I will be scheduling regular Zoom meetings for every Tuesday beginning April 21 at 11:00. I will also be scheduling “office hours” every Friday beginning April 24 from 11:00 -12:00. All Zoom meetings are certainly optional on your part but I do look forward to seeing all my little friends. The Friday office hours are just for the kids to pop in and out and chat with me one-on-one or with a small group. It’s also a great time to ask me any questions about the assigned classwork. I’m happy to hear some reading too!
I love all the pictures! Please keep them coming!
I am available for email communication ANYTIME!
JOKE OF THE DAY:
First graders (and Mrs. Cincilla) just love funny jokes and riddles! Give this one a try:
Question: Why did the chicken cross the playground?
Answer: To get to the other slide!
Morning Prayer to God
God in my waking
God in my thinking
God in my actions
Take my everyday life and live in me.