Please read with your child/children
Take care of yourself
- Go to bed on time to get a good night’s sleep. Get to school on time, too!
- Eat a healthy breakfast.
- Think positive (this test shows what you have learned and will help with areas needing to be strengthened)!
- Pray on your own—before, during and after the test.
- Focus on yourself, not others or problems going on.
- Listen to directions and read directions more than once to find clues/key words.
- Bubble in neatly.
- Use test taking strategies like: process of elimination to narrow in on the correct answer; your first answer is usually right; don’t guess…choose the best answer.
- Pace yourself and use all your time.
- Double check as you go along to make sure you are on the correct number.
- USE scratch paper.
- Check to make sure you copied the numbers in the problem correctly.
- Re-read math problems more than once and find key/clue words.
- Don’t stay on a question too long, go back to it.
- Double check simple math.